Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A day to breathe

Today was a chill day. Went to all my classes and I'm not too stressed out about them. I did have a mini freak out about college and life but I talked to my sister and it is okay for now. I'm going to breakfast with my Daddy tomorrow morning too so I can talk to him about it also! I'm really hoping and praying that I will do good on my chem. test this friday. I really need to get my grade up and the only way is to do well on the next tests. Overall I worked out, ate a healthy(ish) dinner, volunteered, and painted my nails today and it's only 8:15!

Today's devotion:
"Jesus said, "It is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."" Luke 12:32
God loved you enough to send Jesus to die on the cross for you and take away the sin that separated you from Him. Now you can look forward to eternal life in Heaven.
But God doesn't stop there. As Paul asked, "He who did not spare His own Son... how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32). God loves you enough to not only give you an unbelievably wonderful future in Heaven, but to do loving things for you here and now.
God is not a stingy Father. He is lavish and generous with His love. If you've been missing out on the benefits of being His child, draw near to Him today.
"God's love is always supernatural, always a miracle, always the last thing we deserve."-Robert Horn

Today's devotion is a great message because I think a lot of us take our lives and the greatness that comes with it for granted, we don't think about where or who we get it from. It's amazing to think about what He has given us and how grateful we are to have such a wonderful God. Sometimes it is hard to think about Heaven because people argue that they have no proof that there is a Heaven. But we just have to believe and know that he is out there and he loves us to have an unbelievably wonderful future in Heaven. God is wonderful. God is amazing. God is here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment