Friday, November 12, 2010

Whattanight.

I didn't post last night because I was up studying at a friend's dorm until 1:30 am! Okay okay okay, maybe not all of it was studying :) there was a lot of laughing and some talks and some study breaks... okay a lot of study breaks. But I had been studying since Sunday for this chemistry test, which of course didn't go as well as I hoped. But anyways I didn't get back to my dorm until 1:30 and I had to run in the downpour rain and it was just not fun. But yeah, that was last night so I will have yesterday's and today's devotion in this post. Sorry about it, hope you're not like mad about it. It is cold out, really cold, I decided that I'm not going to survive this winter; walking to class in the freezing windy snowy Lincoln. Not okay. I'll just bundle up so much and get hot chocolate or hot mochas everyday :).
Yesterday's devotion:
"I meditate on You in the night watches." Psalms 63:6
When you need to take  break from the busy rush of life and recharge your batteries, nothing works like meditation-- focusing your thoughts on God. Get quiet for a few moments and reflect on God's greatness, His love, and His tenderness. Imagine Him creating the earth and all that dwells on it. Think for a while about the greatness of God in your own life. What has He done for you?
It's also productive to reflect on God's character--perfectly good, perfectly just, perfectly wise. As you meditate on God and HIs attributes, you will begin to feel that you know Him better. You will gain new confidence to place yourself and your affairs in His care.
"If we bring our minds back again and again to God, we shall be gradually giving the central place to God, not only in our inner selves, but in our practical everyday lives." -Paul Tournier
This is an amazing devotion because meditating has never been something that I've thought about but when I read this passage I believe that I meditate every night. I sit in my bed in the silence and just think about God and his creations, his wonders. I end the night with prayer and thinking about how wonderful he is. My favorite line in this devotion is "God's character--perfectly good, perfectly just, perfectly wise." He is so perfect, too perfect for us to imagine, for us to comprehend. He is so perfect and wonderful and he does so much for us. He deserves our love and our meditation for him everyday.
Today's devotion:
"Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life." Revelation 2:10
Eugene Peterson says that faithfulness is "a long obedience in these same direction." What a wonderful insight. Faithfulness is a virtue that can only be proven over time. It's not about who's there at the beginning, but who is still there at the end. When others go, will you stay? When others quit, will you hang on? That's the crux of faithfulness.
God has promised to be with you through every circumstance of your life--good and bad. He promises never to leave you nor forsake you. He has pledged His faithfulness. Will you be faithful to Him? Will you choose to trust Him when times are tough? Let God know that He can count on you.
"I do not pray for success; I ask for faithfulness." - Mother Teresa
This is another amazing devotion. When you pray to God you probably ask why someone close to you just got up and left, or why somebody is being mean and has done something terrible to you. It's because they are not faithful, you focus all your attention on that person not being there for you that you completely forget that the most important person is there holding your hand the entire time, He is there and He is always going to be there. Always. He will never forget you, never leave you, never abandon you like the people in your life. It is amazing to think that you deserve such a wonderful God.God is wonderful. God is amazing. God is here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment